Or perhaps not…😏
In just 3 months, ChatGPT has become a mainstream AI tool. Artificial intelligence for the masses. The industry’s poster boy.
Microsoft, which invested 1 billion dollars in OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT, GPT-3, DALL-E and other products, recently announced that it is increasing its investment by additional billions of dollars and is working to integrate ChatGPT into the Office suite and into its search engine, Bing.
But I was missing something…
What about LinkedIn, the golden egg acquired by Microsoft for 26 billion dollars in 2016? ☺️⭐️
Since its acquisition, Microsoft has been very wise in separating its business activity from that of LinkedIn but the integration of ChatGPT into the LinkedIn platform is only a natural and desirable integration.
So, yes, it is possible to use ChatGPT to perform various actions on LinkedIn even now but only as an external tool and not as an integrated one.
The integration of ChatGPT into LinkedIn can be applied in any of its business domains:
- Profile – integration of ChatGPT into the UI for creating content, editing, translating and formatting and of course helping in improving the profile, including About, Experience, Projects, Headline, etc.
- Marketing solutions – use ChatGPT for market research, targeting audiences and promotions, writing sponsored posts, creating images (using DALL-E), creating videos (this will come…), etc.
- Sales management solutions – enhancing information in Sales Navigator, enhancing market analysis and trends in Sales Insights, improved mapping of decision makers, competitor analysis, etc.
- Recruiting solutions and employer branding – helping in writing job descriptions, mapping Skills, supporting the writing of posts for the company page and simulating job interviews.
- LinkedIn Learning Solutions – offering OpenAI courses and certifications, certification programs of OpenAI technology, developing lesson plans and courses using ChatGPT, etc…
That sounds great, doesn’t it? 🤗
The Vision still lacks two important components in order to be fully packaged:
- Integrate automation capabilities to streamline work processes, improve productivity and reduce time-to-market.
- Business model- Will LinkedIn offer all this for free? Perhaps… but it will be more plausible if the advanced capabilities of ChatGPT are offered as premium features.
Will the hypothetical scenario I took will remain in the realm of imagination or will it be implemented in reality?
We will probably know soon…😉